6th Annual INTERPA Conference
6th INTERPA Conference will be held in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) on 28-30 March 2017( 27th March: Arrivals, 31st March: Departures). During the 5th INTERPA Conference which was held in Khartoum, Sudan, it was decided to specify the main theme after receiving all member institutions` opinions and comments concerning the initially accepted main theme namely “Narcotics Issue”. In accordance with the proposals from INTERPA member countries, the main theme of 6th INTERPA Conference was specified as "DRUG ISSUE AND NEW APPROACHES IN POLICE TRAINING IN COMBATING DRUGS".
The venue of the conference will be declared and all formal invitation letters also will be sent to all respected INTERPA members later.
Turkish National Police Academy has a scientific and peer-reviewed Journal of Security Studies(ISSN: 2148-6166)” which is published in EBSCOhost, Criminal Justice Abstracts, TUBITAK, (Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey), ULAKBIM Social Sciences Data Base, The Index of Academia Social Sciences (ASOS Index) and the Index of Research and Scientific Publication. INTERPA Secretariat has been planning to publish “Journal of Security Studies-INTERPA Special Issue” which will include the selected papers and studies which would be prepared in accordance with Appendix-1 and presented during 6th INTERPA Conference.
DRUG ISSUE AND NEW APPROACHES IN POLICE TRAINING IN COMBATING DRUGS
- The Role and Importance of Police Training in Combating Drugs
- Police Training in Preventing the Risks and Threats towards Children and Youth
- Training on Fighting Against Drugs in Schools
- The Role of Civil Society and Social Media in Combating Drugs
- Rehabilitation and Re- integration of Drug Addicts
- International Training Cooperation in Combating Drugs
- Financial Issue in Combatting Drugs
Deadline for abstract submission: 2016/12/15
The announcement of accepted abstacts: 2017/01/15
The Conference: 2017/03/28-30
This schedule could be changed in need. If there is any change in schedule the Secreteriat will declare it on official website.
6TH ANNUAL INTERPA CONFERENCE PRESENTATION REQUIREMENTS
- The author of the paper and the presenter who will present the paper at the Conference should be the same person.
- The paper should be written in Times New Roman font type, font size 12, double spacing and in English language.
- The duration for each presentation is confined to maximum 20 minutes.
- The paper should include the respective country’s police institution organization chart as an introduction.
- The Paper should adhere to appropriate reporting guidelines (APA, 5th edition) and meet all applicable standards for the ethics of experimentation and research integrity.
- The Paper should not have been published elsewhere.
- If there is any, the Paper should describe experiments, statistics, and other analyses in sufficient detail and present conclusions in an appropriate fashion and support it by the data (for quantitative research papers).
- The abstracts should be sent to the Secreteriat until 01/02/2016.
- Both the full paper and the PowerPoint presentation should be sent in soft copy to the Secreteriat until 01/02/2016.
- As there are many member countries, the slots for presentation are limited; the selection of the paper will be according to correlation of the topics mentioned above and the quality of the presentation.
- The Conference Organizing Committee reserves the right to select the most appropriate papers to be presented.
- The presenters accepted by the Secretariat will be informed through their e-mail addresses.