8th INTERPA Conference, 8th General Council Meeting and 16th Executive Board Meeting (11-13th February 2019 - Gujarat, INDIA)
20 February 2019
8th Annual INTERPA Conference was held on 11th-13th February of 2019 hosted by Gujarat Forensic Sciences University in Crowne Plaza Hotel, Ahmedabad /Gujarat, INDIA with the participation of 90 representatives of 35 countries and one international organization named Association of Southeast Asian Nations Police (ASEANAPOL).
Main theme of the Conference was "Cyber Security and Combatting Cyber Crime". Sub themes mentioned below were discussed during the Conference;
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Digital Evidence Collecting
- Modern Techniques and Methods / Implemention of The Countries on Combatting Cyber Crime
- Tackling Disturbing Information on Social Media
Totally, 18 academic papers were presented within 5 different sessions during the Conference. There were presentations from Czechia, India, Qatar, Palestine, Sudan, Republic of Czech, Mongolia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam.
Executive Board Meeting & General Council Meeting (11th February, 2019)
During 8th General Meeting of INTERPA, which was held with the participation of 86 representatives from 24 member and 9 observer countries, the issues on the agenda of the INTERPA were discussed and Elections were held for the positions of Presidency, Vice-Presidency and Executive Board Membership.
President of Turkish National Police Academy Prof. Yılmaz ÇOLAK was unanimously re-elected as the President of INTERPA.
For Vice-Presidency position of INTERPA, institutions mentioned below were re-elected unanimously;
- The Academy of the Ministry of Affairs of the Belarus (REPUBLIC OF BELARUS)
- National Ribat University (SUDAN)
- King Fahad Security College (SAUDI ARABIA)
For Executive Board Membership position of INTERPA, institutions mentioned below were elected unanimously;
- Gujarat Forensic Sciences University (INDIA)
- Karagandy Academy of Ministry of Interior of Republic of Kazakhstan (KAZAKHSTAN)
- Royal Malaysia Police College (MALAYSIA)
- Qatar Police College (QATAR)
- Police Training Center (REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA)
Moreover, membership application of Czech Technical University (CZECHIA) for INTERPA was approved by GCMember. With new participant, INTERPA reached 73 member institutions from 57 different countries.