7th INTERPA Conference and General Council Meeting ( 2-4th April 2018 - Doha,Qatar)
14 February 2018
7th Annual INTERPA Conference was held on 02th-04th April of 2018 hosted by Qatar Police College in Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel in Doha / Qatar with the participation of 105 representatives of 47 institutions from 38 different countries and 5 International Organizations; the Association of European Police College (AEPC), Association of Southeast Asian Nations Police (ASEANAPOL), African Youths Initiative on Crime Prevention (AYICRIP), Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency (TİKA) and International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL).
Main theme of the Conference was “New Trends in Combatting Terrorism and Extremism".
Sub themes which were discussed during the Conference;
- Process of Radicalisation, Various Types of Radicalisation
- Political Violence and Combating Terrorism
- Handling and Management of Crowds in Major Events and Occasions in Terms of Combating Terrorism and Extremism, Combating Extremism in Global Sport Events
- Struggle Against Terrorist Organizations and Visual Language Used By Terrorist Organizations
- Implementation of Countries (1 – 2)
Totally, 21 academic papers were presented within 6 different sessions during the Conference. There were presentations from Turkey, People’s Republic of China, Qatar, Palestine, Vietnam, Iran, Sudan, Republic of Czech, Malaysia, Kazakhstan, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Serbia, Uzbekistan, AEPC and INTERPOL.
You could download the final declaration of the Conference.
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING AND GENERAL COUNCIL MEETING
Executive Board Meeting (EBM) and General Council Meeting (GCM) were carried out respectively on 2nd April 2018 after the Conference sessions. The agendas concerning the association were discussed during those meetings.
New membership applications have been evaluated.
- New members of INTERPA
- General Delegation to National Security (CAMEROON)
- Police Training Institute (TIMOR LESTE)
- The National School for the Formation of National Police Executives of Salambo (TUNISIA)
- The Academy of Ministry of Internal Affairs (UZBEKISTAN)
- Zambia Police Service (ZAMBIA)
INTERPA reached 72 member institutions from 56 different countries with new participations. There are representatives from Morocco, People’s Republic of China and Serbia as observer. With the occasion of event, participant countries found opportunity to sign bilateral cooperation agreements.
- 15th INTERPA Executive Board Meeting
It was previously decided to hold 15th EBM on 3-4th October 2018 in Belarus. The Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus will host the event.
- 17th INTERPA Executive Board Meeting
It was decided during GCM to hold 17th INTERPA EBM in Maldives (Institute for Security and Law Enforcement Studies (ISLES).
- 8th INTERPA Annual Conference (in 2019)
It was decided during GCM to hold 8th INTERPA Conference on 2nd or 3rd week of February hosted by Gujarat Forensic Sciences University (GFSU). After the voting of GCM, “Cyber Security and Combating with Cyber Crime” was determined unanimously as main theme of 8th Conference. GFSU will determine the exact dates in coodination with INTERPA Secretariat and it will be announced as soon as it is clear.
- INTERPA Social Media Accounts
The social media accounts of INTERPA have been declared to the members as written below:
As per the decisions of previous meetings, INTERPA Special Issue “Journal of Security Studies”, a booklet comprising Final Declarations of the Previous Conferences and a booklet comprising the minutes of EB and GC Meetings have been published and given the participants. It is also possible to reach them on main page of official web site with entitled as “INTERPA Editions”.
Members could reach the minutes of GC and EB Meetings in restricted area. Visuals of the event (photographs and videos) were sent to the email addresses of members. In case of any problem, please get in contact with INTERPA Secretariat.